Saturday, March 1, 2014

Live Today

Life is not just a series of days or years following a perceived passing of time. Life is a series of events adding up to one existence. The future already exists. Tomorrow is already here, and essentially, tomorrow is today. If I spend much of today looking forward to the moments in my life that I have not lived yet, I will neglect to live today. Perhaps this makes time move more slowly; perhaps time cannot be slowed. If when I am enjoying life the moments whiz by, then by simply tolerating life am I delaying any more the inevitable? I am simply looking to the moments I will enjoy, only to have them disappear as quickly as they arrive. Experiences I have so sought after are long gone, and memories exist, and feelings of those memories exist, and to be real the event is still going on, only at another point on our fixed timeline of life. We are born; we pass; life exists for one brief moment. James 4:14 It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

No comments:

Post a Comment